How will the festival stages be set up?
The Indy Music Awards stage will be located in front of Ivywild School. This area will be free and open to the public. This is where food, beverage, and merchandise vendors will be set up. There will also be limited activities for kids in this area.
The main Freewheelin Fest stage will be located in the parking lot behind the school. You will need a single-day ticket or two-day pass to access this area. There will also be food and beer in this area.
The MAT acoustic stage will be located inside the MAT theater across the street from Ivywild School. This venue will be a ticketed area, as well, so you’ll use your Freewheelin Fest wristband to get in. Please note that this is an intimate venue so seating is limited.
Will there be a security check?
Yes. If you’re bringing a bag or backpack into the fest, we’ll need to check it. If you don’t have a bag, make sure to go through the no-bag line for quicker entry.
Can I buy my ticket at the gate?
Yes. After you go through security, just head to the Ticket Tent.
What if I bought my Freewheelin Fest ticket in advance?
After you go through security, head to the Ticket Tent to receive your wristband.
How do the Freewheelin Fest wristbands work?
At the Ticket Tent, your ticket will be scanned and you will be given a wristband. This wristband will allow you to move freely between the main Freewheelin Fest stage behind Ivywild School, the Indy Music Awards stage in front of the school, inside the school building, and inside the MAT theater.
Hold on to this wristband for the duration of your time at the fest, as this will be your ticket for same day re-entry if you have a single-day ticket, or re-entry both days if you have a two-day pass. Two-day pass holders: DO NOT remove or tamper with your wristband between days or it will become invalid! The Freewheelin Fest is not responsible for lost or stolen wristbands!
What can I bring in?
• Backpacks and bags (small or standard school sized)
• Blankets (for use in the front of the building only)
• Cameras – only non-professional cameras and video cameras will be allowed, and must be without equipment attachments such as selfie sticks, tripods, and monopods
• Umbrellas – small umbrellas only, no large or golf umbrellas
• Bicycles! We will have a bike valet where you can securely park your bike
What should I leave at home?
• Backpacks (large or framed)
• Outside food or beverages, including water bottles
• Pets (sorry, not even in front of the building)
• Chairs of any kind
• Illegal or illicit substances
• Professional cameras and professional recording (photo, video, audio) equipment (NO large professional detachable zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods, attachment sticks (selfie sticks) or other commercial equipment.
• Drones or other remote flying devices
• Skateboards, scooters, carts, or wagons
• Weapons/Fireworks/Explosives – please leave your licensed carry in your car
Will my kids enjoy the fest?
Feel free to bring your kids. A few children’s activities will be available in front of Ivywild School near the free Indy Music Awards stage, and children are allowed inside the school. However, children 6 years and up will need a ticket to access the main Freewheelin Fest stage area behind the school.
Can I bring my dog?
You know we love your dogs, but unfortunately we are unable to accommodate pets at the fest, with the exception of service animals.
Can I bring my own refreshments?
Outside food and beverages are not allowed. There will be food and drinks available for purchase at the festival and inside Ivywild School.
Will I need cash? Is there an ATM?
Yes, there is an ATM inside the front door of Ivywild School. And yes, you will need to bring cash to buy food and beer from the outside food and beer tents. Other vendors may be cash-only also.
Where should I park?
Parking will be tight, so we’ve come up with additional parking options and ideas for alternative transportation to the festival.
Please Note: Parking is discouraged in the neighborhoods that surround Ivywild School. Please respect the residents of Ivywild! This is their home…not a parking lot, dumping site, or otherwise. Please adhere to all parking signage.
Will the festival be handicap accessible?
Yes. We are setting aside a limited number of handicap parking spaces on Dorchester Drive on the south end of Ivywild School. Look for the handicap parking signs or ask a parking attendant.
If I ride my bike to the fest, will there be a secure place to park it?
Yes! Our good friends at UpaDowna are graciously donating a free bike valet service on site and will watch over your bike during the fest. The bike valet will be located on the southeast section of the property in front of the school. Please note there will be a separate bike entrance to the fest.
If I need to leave the Freewheelin Fest, can I re-enter later?
Yes. Your wristband will allow you to re-enter the Freewheelin Music Fest. In fact, if you have a two-day pass, you will absolutely need your wristband for re-entry the next day, so DO NOT remove or tamper with your wristband between days, or it will be invalid for the next day. Please take care of your wristband, because the Freewheelin Fest is not responsible for lost or stolen wristbands!
How can I volunteer with the festival?
We’d love that! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to lend a hand.
I would like to be a vendor at the festival. Who should I contact?
Contact Kristen Gallagher at email@example.com to request a vendor application form. Please note that unauthorized vendors will be asked to leave.
I’m coming from out of town. Where should I book a room?
We recommend you call Hotel Elegante, our festival lodging sponsor, to book your room. When you call them at 800-981-4012, mention the Freewheelin Fest for a discount! You can also reserve a room at hotelelegante.com. Guests of Hotel Elegante can use the hotel shuttle to get to the fest.
Where can I buy food and drinks?
You can purchase food and beverages on the festival grounds or inside the school at the Bristol Pub or the Old School Bakery. Please remember that outside food and beverages are prohibited.
I know that Ivywild School has a funky liquor license. Where will I be able to take my beer during the festival?
The liquor license for Ivywild School will be expanded during the festival, and we will have festival staff helping to direct you. For these two days only:
• Beer purchased from Bristol Brewing Company may be taken and consumed anywhere on the outside grounds of Ivywild School as long as it remains inside the orange fencing around the perimeter.
• Beer purchased from Bristol may also be taken up the main steps of the school and then up the steps to the Bristol patio, which is to the RIGHT of the main doors at the front of the school.
• Beer purchased from Bristol may NOT be taken THROUGH the main doors at the front of the school.
• Beer purchased from Bristol may NOT be taken up the steps to the Principal’s Office patio, which is to the LEFT of the main door of the school.
• The regular liquor license that governs the interior of Ivywild School will remain in effect as usual: beer purchased at Bristol must remain on the north end of the school building, while alcohol purchased from The Principal’s Office must remain in the Gym and on the south end of the school building.
What about safety and medical?
We are making every effort to make the festival as safe and secure an environment as possible. The festival will be staffed with security personnel, and there will be a medical tent just inside the entrance. If you need assistance, please locate a volunteer or staff member, or head to the medical tent.
Will there be a Lost and Found?
Lost and Found will be at the Bristol Dry Goods store inside Ivywild School.
What happens if it rains?
This event is rain or shine, so if it rains you may want to be prepared with a raincoat or umbrella, or take shelter inside. If there is lightning present, festival officials will determine whether it is safe for performances to continue. The festival will not be rescheduled if the weather prohibits the bands from playing and unfortunately we will not be able to offer a refund.